Yoga facilitates and enhances focus, health, strength, flexibility, and brain development. The proven benefits of yoga for children makes it a ready tool to add to any educational setting from the public school classroom to the family room homeschool. We will learn how to use brain based learning technique to design yoga practices for any educational system. Through the study of developmental anatomy we will understand how to teach healthful alignment of yoga asana and child growth. We will introduce energetics and somatics and how they apply to the constantly fluctuating energy of children such that we can understand how to bring greater balance and clarity of mind into the classroom. We will also learn how the practice of yoga aligns with national health and physical education standards.
Overview of Outcomes:
- Specific anatomy of children in yoga asana and alignment for safety
- Directions on how to use breath awareness and guided meditations appropriate to brain based learning.
- Emphasis on yoga classroom management techniques that are age appropriate
- Introduction to the three energetic Gunas and how to find balance in the classroom through yoga
- Correlation of National Health and Physical Education standards with yoga practices for kids.
- Includes 12 Week Lesson Plan that fulfills National Heath and PE standards
Dates and Times:
October 18th - 20th
Saturday 8am - 4pm
Sunday 8am - 2pm
Cost: $465 / included if registered in Kid’s Yoga Teacher Training